Why choose a design/build remodeler?
1) One team of knowledgeable, professional and experienced designers and crafts people who work together efficiently.
2) There is a smooth transition from design to construction because there is no need to search for a contractor that can fully understand and interpret your ideas and plans. No finger pointing as problem resolution is a collaborative effort.
3) There is an ability to realize the client’s desires, down to the last detail, and effectively communicate those resulting in a high quality design, product, process and completed project that meets or exceeds your expectations.
4) Effective cost controls through volume pricing, long term relationships with suppliers and experienced trades associates, ultimately providing you with a fixed price agreement for your ‘peace of mind’.
5) Accurate written construction specifications and schedules assure that your project is completed on time and on budget.
Our initial conversation is primarily about the project discovery. We ask why you want to remodel/build and then what do you want to accomplish. Do you need more space or do you want to update inside the existing footprint? We listen to your needs and wants, then analyze how your budget fits the project.
After our initial conversation, we setup a meeting at your home to see the existing space in person. Our Senior Design Consultant will analyze the existing footprint and talk through the possibilities of expanding the space or interior remodeling options to fit your home’s style. Any structural concerns are addressed along with analyzing the big picture of what you want your home to be. We will browse through past completed projects to inspire ideas related to your home layout and design.
Project Development Agreement (PDA)
After signing an agreement to proceed with a project design, our Director of Design schedules a field measure of your home’s spaces which will result in producing floor plans, drawings, and 3D renderings of the new space. After the measure, we arrange a presentation at our Wauwatosa office to review the proposed plans. 2-3 optional layouts will be presented at this time depending on the ideas generated from previous conversations. We will also provide a selection sheet of products based on the scope of work and budget. Lastly, an on-site walk-through is scheduled with our expert associates to ensure a successful plan, discuss upgrades and any cost savings from a group conversation.
You will be provided with a completed construction agreement with a fixed cost. No allowances need to be arranged and no change orders shall be needed due to our fixed cost proposal. You should expect the project to be completed on cost unless you choose to make changes during the project. Everything involved in the project is transparent so you don’t have to worry about surprise costs.
Your Design Consultant and Project Manager will meet at your home to discuss the details of what to expect during the remodeling process. A written project schedule will be provided which covers start and completion dates. The pre-construction conference ensures a smooth process and successful on-time completion.
There will be weekly meetings with the Project Manager to discuss what took place during the past week and what is planned for the following week. Phone, text, and email messaging is essential to open communication throughout the project. When questions do arise, your Design Consultant and Project Manager will be readily available to talk.
Within two weeks of the project completion, we will have scheduled a punch list and final close-out meeting to discuss the remodeling experience. The punch list details any remaining items for our team to complete. Upon completion, we will schedule 6 month and 1 year warranty visits to your home as part of our client for life philosophy. The transformation is now complete and your new space is ready for you to enjoy.