Avante’s Design-Build Contracting allows “you” the Owner to “single source” the complete BUDGET-PLAN-DESIGN-BUILD method by dramatically simplifying an otherwise cumbersome coordination effort to more effectively assure the desired outcome.
AVANTE CNSTRUCTION Design-Build Contracting is one of the most cost-effective and timely methods of project delivery a Property Owner can select. Our integrated delivery method allows us to provide full accountability for architecture, engineering and construction. The Design-Build process is completely interactive, offering the Owner as much information as required with “no surprises.” Avante’s Design-Build team with the Owner from inception through occupancy to deliver ultimate satisfaction with the best product at completion.
The Design-Build Contracting process begins with the Owner and Design-Build firm establishing a program for the project. The Program and all its component parts are assigned values using a “menu” that are directly compared to the Owner’s budget expectations. Once the Owner confirms the DESIGN vs. conceptual budget expectations, a final and Firm BUDGET and PLAN are created.
Throughout the process, cost engineering alternatives are provided to ensure the best value in every trade category. Once the budget and design scope are confirmed, a detailed schedule is prepared to determine the conformance with the Owner’s needs. If delivery expectations fail the requirements, alternatives are proposed identifying cost and scope implications. During this design development phase, the details are compared to the budget for compliance at all times. Once all parties are in agreement the construction documents are completed.
All aspects of the BUILD process are handled by the Design-Build firm, including:
- Soliciting competitive bids from pre-qualified trades in each category while confirming budget and schedule compliance.
- Initiating detailed scope and price comparisons to confirm the best overall value
- Managing the building process, holding weekly meetings with the Owner and having competent supervisory personnel assuring coordination of all activities and materials
- Managing the cost and schedule
- Preparing all necessary pay applications and approvals required to protect both the Owner and the Design-Build firm and to satisfy the lender throughout the project
- Monitoring quality for conformance and immediately making corrections as required